Tuesday, February 02, 2010

#1 On The Day I Was Born (With VIDEO)

Among the latest Facebook rage is to put what song was number one on your date of birth. Well for me it was a song by a somewhat popular British band.

You link is here.


From Wikipedia, I learned something. I had heard the chatter that takes place at one point in the song, but just took it for "Beatleease." Well it is, but it's more than that (oh, this is NSFW):
At 2:58 of the song, McCartney can be heard to say, "Oh, fucking hell!" According to sound engineers Ken Scott and Geoff Emerick, it was Lennon's idea to leave the mistake in the final mix. "'Paul hit a clunker on the piano and said a naughty word,' Lennon gleefully crowed, 'but I insisted we leave it in, buried just low enough so that it can barely be heard. Most people won't ever spot it…but we'll know it's there."
Why don't we let this serve as a "Rule 55?" There's nothing bad going on, but sometimes I have things that might - MIGHT - be good and can't talk about. So that's that.

2 comments:

Georgia Road Geek said...

Rob, this is one of my favorites, dude! Thanks for sharing.

Rob Adams said...

Glad you enjoyed, Steve - thanks for writing!