Friday, September 04, 2009

Fantasy Football 2009


(Courtesy This Web Site)

It happens every year. Somebody, somewhere asks me to play fantasy...something. Football or baseball (get your heads out of the gutter).

OK - fine...Hooters waitress. Maid. Nurse. Erin Andrews. Giggity. (Do I really need to explain I'm just kidding?)

Back to the point: fantasy football. Tim Parry talked me into playing on Facebook, and I agreed, as it satisfied my one rule: so long as it doesn't cost me anything.

Still, I don't spend a whole lot of time on it either. Even for the draft - I had a game to call, so I let the system pick a team for me.

I wound up with Drew Brees, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Santonio Holmes (that would be the Super Bowl MVP from the defending champion Sixburgh Steelers). So that's fine.

I last played three years ago, and damned if I didn't win the championship. Yet for the legions of loyal fans of the Putnam County Ligers, let me just say that I will once again stick to building ships.*

(* That's paraphrasing the famous words of George Steinbrenner when he bought a baseball team in 1973...how exactly did that turn out?)

No comments: