Friday, September 11, 2009

Eight Years Later

We can never forget September 11th, 2001. Ever. The rage, the hurt, the shock - they still linger.

I don't like the debate on whether or not it should be a national holiday. We've never designated December 7th as one. I'll leave it at that.

Pause for a few moments today and remember those that we lost. Think of those who suffered somehow - we all did, you know. Some worse than others. Physically or mentally, everyone felt the toll of September 11th. Of course, most notably the toll was felt in the Northeast, but I'd like to think everyone else felt something.

Though I will be with Sean at the bus stop (with the nosy neighbors), I'll continue my tradition - beginning with the playing of the montage of events from that morning (posted below), followed by music, including Bruce Springsteen's The Rising, in its entirety.

Remember. And never forget.



From the wayback machine, here are Exit 55's September 11 posts from 2006, 2007, and 2008 .

No comments: