Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Discoveries

I was going through the blogs over a month ago when I came across this seemingly run of the mill post from Deadspin. There I found the requisite Erin Andrews shot (not that there's anything wrong with that), links to other nonsense, and pithy commentary. Yet something caught my eye. It seems Deadspin Editor AJ Daulerio was getting ready to move to New York at that time, and he decided to post a video. For whatever reason, I clicked on it.

Suddenly I became mesmorized by the images, but more so by the song itself.

If you don't know, it's called "New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down" by LCD Soundsystem. Further intrigued, I downloaded the album that the song is on, called Sound of Silver. Their Wikipedia page describes them as:
...a mix of dance music and punk, along with elements of disco and other styles.
Sounds of Silver has been lauded just about everywhere as one of the great albums of 2007. So I'll be giving it a full spin later today to hear it for myself.

Always happy to discover new things that might enrich and enlighten!

1 comment:

IJS said...

Great Song, and video....I'm glad you shared it.