Friday, March 20, 2009

Might as Well Embrace It


There's nothing I can do about the old Yankee Stadium. Sadly, it's over. They've even begun to rip up the field. Of course, that's not fast enough for some.

By the way, Ben K at River Ave Blues says,
I don’t, however, blame the community and park activists for feeling slighted. Shea Stadium was recently turned into a parking lot in short order. The city could have made an effort to do the same with Yankee Stadium.
Um...BZZZZZZZ. This is a landmark, in my opinion. Take as much time as needed. This is Yankee Stadium!

And for the record, if this was Ebbets Field we were talking about, I'd still feel this way. Ebbets, the Polo Grounds, and Yankee Stadium are landmarks. And I'd say the same thing about Fenway Park.

Just so you don't think this is a Yankees thing.

Anyway, back to the title of the post. Tickets went on sale today for the new Stadium, and I'm proud to say I just bought four tickets in the bleachers for a grand total of $4.25! My cousin also bought some tickets (better seats), so we'll have a choice.

Now granted - this is an exhibition game - but it means a lot to me anyway. I wish they would open the Stadium on, you know, OPENING DAY, but that's just not how it is. Perhaps a little-known fact is that Citi Field will open with a St. John's/Georgetown basket...er...baseball game before the Mets play there.

I didn't get to take Sean to his final game in the old Stadium, and that has never sat well with me at all. I will, however, get to take him to his first game in the new building.

Like I said, I might as well embrace it.

Oh, and can somebody build me this, or at least let me have access to it?

No comments: