Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Off the Bench (The "One of Those Moods" Edition)

My promise of late has been that when I want to come on here and rant about personal stuff, I will post a video. My need to want to rant, especially when in a lousy mood, is such that I will likely offend, and this is not the right time to do that. With that said, enjoy Sue Simmons, a longtime respected journalist on WNBC (channel 4) in New York dropping a no-no on live TV.

Ms. Simmons, I've long enjoyed your work. You and Chuck Scarborough have brought the news to New Yorkers for over 25 years. But instead of me railing about unsavory items, I must post the video. Oh, and this is clearly NSFW (better known as "Not Safe for Work").

Whew. That's better. What this proves is that we are all human, and we all make mistakes when live microphones are nearby. Oh, and no, I wouldn't suspend or fire her.

Now, where's the outrage?

Oh. That's what I thought.

While talking about outrage, I might just suspend my subscriptions to the various Yankees blogs that I look at. There's too much whining and hand-wrining and over-analysis. Let me boil this down for you:
- The Yankees stink right now.
- They have no pitching.
- Their offense is missing key cogs in A-Rod and Posada, along with Cano being simply lousy.
- Yet they're right in the middle of the AL East.
- Joba looks stupid with the fist pump, but ultimately it's much ado about nothing.

(This last opinion seems to be only shared by Mike and the Mad Dog, and Goose Gossage. I differ in that I haven't screamed about it. The rest of the world seems to disagree. Again - it's much ado about nothing. So be it.)

There's more, but it's not worth it.

In a few hours, I'll be off to Cardinal Yard, home of the Greenwich Cardinals baseball team. The Cards take on the Westhill Vikings today, and it's Senior Day. I'm going to serve as master of ceremonies for the ceremonies today. With all that life serves up, those couple of hours with the Cards is a welcome respite. I'm not sure the players, coaches, and fans truly appreciate that, but that's what it has been for me.

No comments: