Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Love The Minor Leagues for Promotions Like This

Gotta love the mind of a minor league front office staffer. True, some promotions fall flat on their faces, but many are just too great. This one from the Altoona Curve struck me for muliple reasons (thanks, Deadspin):
Bobby Petrino, Nick Saban, and Rich Rodriguez. What do they have in common? They all sprinted out the back door and quit on their teams! The Curve return home from a six-game road trip and open up a three-game series against the New Britain Rockcats (Twins). Gates open at 6:00 p.m. Come to Blair County Ballpark as the Curve salute quitters of the game and give away a free back door -- literally.
The team will have staff members dressed up as famous quitters, such as Roberto Duran, Nick Saban, and so on.

Have I ever mentioned that I don't like quitters? Good, then my work here is done.

You'd be wise to get yourself out to a non-Major League game, be it the Hudson Valley Renegades or the Bridgeport Bluefish right here in our own back yard. And Danbury will soon have minor league hockey again. Good times for all!!

1 comment:

Tim Parry said...

I've quit so many softball teams that my bust is in the ASA Hall of Fame. Or should be.