Sunday, May 25, 2008

Great Guy, That Gary Carter (or People I Don't Want to Be in a Foxhole With)

Gary Carter. The Kid. Mr. Expo/Met. And I'm sure he's a good friend of Willie Randolph, no?

Um...no.

Seems Gary, despite the usual blah-blah-blah Willie's-doing-a-good-job-and-boy-I-feel-for-him crap, decided to take a look into the grave being built for the current Mets manager and thought he'd jump in.
...I got on the phone and I called (Mets VP of media relations) Jay Horwitz and I asked Jay, 'Should I try to call Mr. Wilpon?' If there is this going on I just want them to know of my availability. I'm only a phone call away...
And as such, we've found our asshat of the day.

Congratulations!

Oh, just so you don't do the ol' "Rob's such a Yankees-homer" route, I heard that there's some kind of promotion in which David Ortiz will call his shot (with the help of a contest winner) during the Home Run Derby at Yankee Stadium.

Get it? "Called shot", done by a Red Sock? Horrors!

Puh-leeze. Who cares? It's a stupid promotion but I guess the current ownership of the Bombers, who feel that the 80's were such good times, have decided to revive the behavior exhibited by their father during that pivotal (read: bad) time in Yankees history.
“We’ve spoken to Major League Baseball,” Randy Levine, the Yankees’ president, said Friday. “They understand the sensitivity of the matter and we’re going to sit down and discuss it.”
Oh! I get it now! Randy Levine is behind it, so we have TWO asshats in one post today. Free churro's for everyone!

Don't ask me why I said "churro's." I'm weird.

Let us one again focus our efforts on the now-.500 team, following a terrific comeback against the Mariners at the Stadium. That's what we should be worrying about.

No comments: