Thursday, October 18, 2007

In The Spirit of "Frank TV"

Rumor has it that Frank Caliendo, the guy who does the spot-on John Madden impression, has his own TV show starting on TBS next month. We all know this because promos for Caliendo's show ran endlessly during the baseball coverage on TBS which, mercifully, is now over.

Yet as a traffic manager (the one who schedules these spots), I understand how these things come to be. An executive comes to the traffic person and says "run these until peoples' ears bleed." It's not pleasant, yet sometimes, we traffic people look for filler. Listen to either Business Talk or Lifestyle Talk Radio Networks and you'll understand now why I schedule 30 ITT Technical School spots to run daily.

We're not always the best on WGCH at promoting ourselves - especially things I've done, and I take part of that blame because I haven't always been around to harrass people. So with that said, have you heard that WGCH will be in Naples, Florida on November 9th to broadcast the football game between Greenwich High and Naples High? Well here's all you need to know:

The defending Connecticut Class LL champion Greenwich Cardinals travel to Florida to play the Naples Golden Eagles, Friday night, November 9th at 7:30. Radio station WGCH (AM 1490, www.wgch.com) will be on-hand to broadcast the game. Rob Adams, WGCH Sports Director, will call the play-by-play, Jason Intrieri will offer his years of FCIAC football experience to the broadcast as the lead analyst, and former Cardinal Nick Angotto, Greenwich class of 2006, will bring listeners his unique insight from the sideline.

Pregame show time (and a few other details) have yet to be announced.

I know, it's shameful but I've learned that nobody can promote myself better than...myself. Anyway, feel free to spread the news - post links on your websites, write about us in your publications, talk about us, and gives us (well really Jason, Nick, and me) lots of publicity. I will make sure to thank you many times over (so long as I know about it).

Oh and don't worry - just like "Frank TV", I'll make sure to mention this a few more times before the big trip!

No comments: