Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Almost...

It's finally going to happen. My morning radio routine is about to clear up. The planets are about to align. First, from Neil Best's Watchdog...
Citadel Broadcasting is close to finalizing a contract with Don Imus that would bring the controversial radio host back to the airwaves, a person familiar with the discussions said Tuesday.
Then from Allan Sniffen on the New York Radio Message Board...
I'm hearing that Citadel and Imus are close... very close. Bernie will likely be back but in a non speaking capacity (for now). McCord also to be part of it.

Don't treat this as fact just yet... but... If I were going to place a bet...
So there you have it. One thing from me: if you are going to bring Bernie back, then just put him on the air. Of course, that's going to happen eventually, but do we have to pretend? Oh, and go get Lou Ruffino off the Boomer and Carton thing on 'FAN so that life can return to "normal."

It's about freakin' time.

I love radio. I love lamp too, but that's for another time.

UPDATE!! I just saw on Neil Best's blog that the latest rumor is...
Now I'm hearing that Don Imus might get back on the air before the end of the year. Either way, his deal with Citadel should be coming along any day now.

It appears the plan is to get the entire old crew back together, including engineer Lou Rufino
Perfect! Now the red-headed stooge might be back in the mix. While Boomer and Carton haven't been the utter disaster that I expected in the morning, I still want the I-man back...and soon. And thus soon it will be.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

YES! I fans have been chompin' at the bit. Now a glimmer of hope. On Bernie not being in a speaking role. If all comes to pass, this will not last for long. He will just have to be very careful.

Great News.

Bruce from Florida

Rob Adams said...

Bruce,

I agree. It is great news! Thanks for checking in from the Sunshine State.

Rob