Wednesday, May 15, 2024

What's There to Say?

 


This could be another one of those "Rob had a long day" posts.

You know -- out early, to the Renegades game, sat through a brief rain delay, and then did the public address announcing for the game.

Then I moved on, ate lunch in Mahopac, and wasted time before heading to Mount Kisco for "The Clubhouse."

Now, I'm back home with more running around scheduled for tomorrow through Sunday.

All of that is true. Every word of it.



It was cool to be at Heritage Financial Park as the stadium welcomed the largest crowd in its history with 5,619 people passing through and sitting for a game that featured a pretty steady rain.

It was Education Day at the stadium so the schoolkids were fired up for music, food, laughs, and baseball.

Sean and I grabbed a late lunch near Mahopac after it was over. After that, Sean headed for home and I had time before "The Clubhouse." So I elected to drive through my old hometown, walk around the Ocean State Job Lot store (aka the old Caldor), and grab a cup of coffee at the Dunkin (Donuts).

That sounds lame and mundane but I enjoyed the peace of it all.

I'm sure a few people have wondered if I would just move back to Mahopac. While I have considered it, I don't think it's likely because I haven't seen many apartments offered there. Certainly, I do enough in the Hudson Valley that would justify it but it would also open me back up to a longer commute to things in Fairfield County.

In short, it's not that ideal.

But, sure, I do miss "the Pac."

That being said, going back simply could never be the same. Maybe you understand but I just think that's the way it is.

My boyhood home is no longer available obviously and time simply moves on. I'm not ruling returning to Mahopac out but it doesn't feel realistic.

Besides, Greenwich has become our home and we're trying to stay here.

I made it to Mount Kisco and Hotel MTK in plenty of time for "The Clubhouse." Tonight's show featured Bruce Beck, the outstanding sports anchor from WNBC (Channel 4) in New York. Honestly, I don't know a single person that has anything bad to say about the man. He's just that nice.

We also had Mike Eruzione on. Of course, Mike was the captain of the 1980 "Miracle" Olympic Hockey Team. I asked him if he ever gets tired of talking about that and, in short, his answer was "no." 

The Director of Junior Golf for the Metropolitan PGA, Dan Frankel, rounded out the impressive list of guests on tonight's show.

Out next show is sadly in June.

But, thankfully, I'm home for tonight, with another day ahead of me tomorrow.

So, yeah, I guess this was another "Rob had a long day post."

Sorry.

Carry on.

No comments: