Saturday, July 08, 2023

4K

 


By chance, I was looking at the dashboard page here at Exit 55 headquarters when I noticed the total number of published posts.

It said 3,997.

That was a few days ago.

Thus, friends, this is post number 4,000.

It's not 4,000 days in a row but is the total since we first signed into this thing almost 17 years ago.

Pete Rose and Ty Cobb both collected well over 4,000 hits. The great Ichiro did as well, with over 1,200 of them occurring in his native Japan.

As these are 4,000 posts they're hardly hits. Even if they were, most of them are little rollers that may have been placed where an infielder bobbled it and the official scorer took mercy.

Thus, a hit.

Oh, I suppose there have been a few ringing doubles and, even with my speed (or lack thereof) a triple. Perhaps even a long ball that passed the 314 marker in right field.

I'd like to think there's been a no-doubter or two but I'm not that confident nor full of myself.

So here we are.

RA4K, if I may.

I've sat down at a computer over 4,000 times to write on this bloggity. There are, still, three posts that are in draft form. Very few have ever been deleted. 

With a day full of baseball ahead of me (first pitch: 1 p.m., weather permitting) this made for an easy post to start the day.

I've prepped as best as I can for these games considering there's nothing on these teams yet. Hope the gatekeepers will still allow me to do my job.

I'll still do my best.

I thank you -- the people who keep driving me to write.

Thank you.

Four-thousand times.

No comments: