Wednesday, October 13, 2021

This Post is Nothing Special

 

I Googled "random picture" and this is what I got.
It's clearly the elephant in the room

Forgive me.

I'm having "one of those nights."

It's a night where I have topics but I lack time and perhaps the grace to say things without showing my hand.

I try -- I've always tried -- to live a very honest, authentic but graceful life. Some of that honesty isn't often graceful. That's the thing about honesty. It can be messy.

History is messy, isn't it?

So instead of spouting off as I'm known to do, I'd prefer to simply say nothing. I continue to honor the writing streak by presenting the couple of you who bother to read my daily idiocy with a post but I don't know that I have much more to offer.

Sure, I did The Clubhouse tonight and it was fine. It was a good show. Dinner was good.

Then I drove home and tried to listen to the radio. The radio played something I very much didn't want to hear. It felt like a kick, frankly, in the balls. So I drove home in complete silence.

I did a nice journalism presentation today and I suppose I would have liked to have written about that but I am lacking "the bandwidth" to do so tonight. So I find myself just saying nothing.

It's honestly my best approach.

Perhaps the dam will burst and I'll let everything out. But then what? Will it have been worth it? 

That's the thing I have to think about.

So, for tonight, take me at my word. I've always been honest and authentic.

Silence is golden.

No comments: