Sunday, October 03, 2021

Rude or Thoughtless?

 


There was a moving sale across the street.

In fact, it went on for the (now) past two weekends.

OK, I get it. People drive down a (likely) strange street to check out whatever goodies my soon-to-be-former neighbors have.

People, in fact, have to park on the street. OK, I get that also.

I was pretty patient with the number of people who parked on our grass last weekend because they overcompensated for the side of the road. There were tire marks on the lawn but I simply shook my head.

And I was fairly patient with the drivers who felt the need to turn around in the driveway, despite the fact that a dead-end/circle is literally a few feet away.

Yet, amazingly, using the driveway wasn't enough. I stood and watched yesterday as drivers did "K" turns right in front of the yard.

One was so bad that it left the muddy imprint in the picture above. You can also see where another car drove onto the grass in the process of turning around.

It's insanity and I watched it happen with my mouth agape.

But, of course, I stayed quiet and neighborly, lest I be branded as the "get off my lawn" type.

It does beg the question: What is wrong with these people? Seriously, is it rudeness, lack of common sense, or just plain thoughtlessness?

Why not drive not even a tenth of a mile to the dead-end? Never mind -- that's just pure laziness.

I mean, let's look at it from the eyes of the people coming down the street. You're driving into a neighborhood that you're likely unfamiliar with. You don't know anyone on this street. You're going to a moving sale at a stranger's house. Ergo wouldn't you make an effort to leave the neighborhood as you found it?

I mean, it's bad enough if you drove on the lawn of the house with the moving sale but you're actually driving on the NEIGHBOR'S lawn -- across the street from said moving sale.

The -- whatever you want to call it -- of people simply boggles my mind sometimes.

Ponderous, man.

No comments: