Thursday, October 21, 2021

I'm Out of My Mind

Night night night night...

 The phone rang while I was in the car.

I should tell you that, unless you're one of a select few, I'm probably rolling my eyes as the phone rings. I generally don't like talking on the phone.

So, yes, I rolled my eyes but I knew work awaited.

Wait. What? Work...starting at 2 a.m.?

Yep. I can log in at 2:30 if I wish but, at that point, we're splitting hairs.

So I've already napped once -- just after completing "Doubleheader."

I plan to put my head down again with my phone nearby to act as an alarm clock.

I make no promises that I'll stay awake for the whole job -- one that I hope is short. Then again, I have to sort of stay awake.

So, don't plan to hear me on WGCH tomorrow morning.

Generally speaking, I'll be taking it really easy until I head out for Greenwich and Trumbull football.

It's quite possible I'll write a post overnight.

I might vacuum the house. 

I'm going to do whatever I can to stay awake while I work but the sleep both before and after will be priceless.

Why do this to myself? I ask that a lot but of course, work is work. The money is good. 

It's my mentality to take these kinds of gigs and always show that I'm flexible. Plus I've sort of become known for my willingness to take a gig at basically any hour.

I suppose it's often me proving myself as well. Why I feel I need to do that is beyond me but it's what I do.

So if you're up in the middle of the night, check in on social media because you just might find me hanging out.

No comments: