Saturday, August 21, 2021

The calm...

 


I'm sitting at home and have just finished some game prep.

I wish I could tell you that involves actually researching players and storylines, etc. It actually includes creating stat packs and writing three versions of the game lineup along with doing a few things around the house (I just did the dishes, for instance). The rest of it is done on the fly and I make it work.

This is why I laugh at those who spend hours on prep and fancy charts and graphs. I admire what you do but my current life doesn't allow for it.

Now, I'm getting ready to leave.

To add to the fun of a Saturday, I'm preparing for hurricane/tropical storm/superstorm/rain and wind event Henri to visit tonight into tomorrow.

I'll likely be riding this one out alone and Sean went to his other home. He believes both houses are "home," especially now that he's literally splitting time between both and actually spends a little more here.

But I'm checking on batteries and charging devices and checking any points in the house that might flood and ensuring there's enough to eat or drink.

I'm a little off on that last point but I fear we're going to have to keep our fingers crossed. I have food for Mr. Rascal and there's enough around here for me (I think). The grill can be used for hot dogs, for instance, should we lose power.

We'll figure it out from there.

We've dealt with a few fun storms over the years which I've writing about on this very corner of Interweb City. The experience of Superstorm Sandy can never be forgotten and is a story I always tell when teaching.

As I have no illusion of baseball tomorrow (not that I have any inside knowledge), I'm loaded up with things to watch, listen to, and do if we still have power.

If we don't? Well I have books to read and so on.

Remembering last year's tropical storm that knocked power out, we'll see if there's a post going online.

So we'll make the best of it. We're all in this together around the Tri-State Area.

Stay dry and safe.

No comments: