Monday, August 16, 2021

In today's email

 


I'm trying to figure out how to tell you what I read today in an email without actually telling you.

Could I tell you to message me and I'll tell you privately? Sure, I could do that.

Could I just say what I read? Yeah, that also.

Let's say -- just suppose -- I've done something every year since 1999.

Specifically, almost religiously, every fall since September of 2000.

Last year is too hard to explain so let's not go there.

But let's say that, as of right now, it's not happening.

Have you figured it out yet?

It's something that I've thrown heart and soul into from essentially late August until early December some years. And I've very much been the "voice" of it.

But the outlet -- not the team -- hasn't committed to it. Is it starting to make sense?

See, I try to not burn bridges so I'm trying to tell you what's going on without saying it.

And when I was actually on their air today doing something that I make no money for and I read the email in question? Well, yeah, that didn't sit well.

See, I've watched as so much has dwindled. So...so...so...much.

For the most part, I've been a good but occasionally brutally honest soldier.

With today's news, well, it's time to consider other steps.

So it could be the end of an era or it could just mean that you'll go to a different place to get what has been delivered your way for a long time.

Suddenly, things are very interesting.

While I'm very sad on one hand (assuming this is how it goes down), I'm sort of philosophical on the other. A door likely closes and I'll slam it shut to go open another one.

I wish I could tell you more.

But you'll figure it out soon -- probably by September.

(I'll add this: if you like what I've done every fall, then I might need some help for that to continue)

This could be a very different fall.

No comments: