Sunday, August 15, 2021

Much needed


 

It's 9:55 pm and I'm falling asleep.

Midway through writing tonight's game story, I put my head down on my dining room table and crashed.

So, here I am, less than enthusiastic about writing a 600-word post that will be of little interest.

We're off tomorrow, thankfully, but there's always someone else who wants my time. This is the gig.

I was pleased with the speed of today's game but not thrilled about other stuff. I know, I know, I'm probably overtired and whatever else.

So when I saw an unexpected tweet pop up (the one in the picture above) I felt a bit better. I, of course, lament every stutter and mistake. I, of course, get annoyed at myself.

That tweet brightened things, so thank you. I try to make sure to take care of the other teams' fans.

Let's not make this out to be some kind of pity party I'm having. It was otherwise a perfectly fine day with great weather and decent baseball. I just reached a bit of a limit in terms of exhaustion.

So, we'll let it go there and get ready for tomorrow.

There's no game but there's always something else going on.

No comments: