Tuesday, August 10, 2021

No time

 

"Move along. Move along."

Unfortunately, it's 11:26 p.m. as I begin typing so there's not really much time to do anything in-depth.

The downside of writing one post per day for 9,000 days or whatever it has been (it's actually around 950) is that the post has to be done generally by 11:59 p.m. in the time zone I'm in.

Thus, my post in San Francisco hit after midnight in New York. As far as I'm concerned it still counted.

And, in this case, I need to throw some thoughts down, realize there will be nothing "award-winning" about this (there never is), and move along.


It was great to be back in the booth tonight but the day was basically moving a lot of parts around. You know the drill: podcast, stat pack, roster updates, lineups, film "Rob's Roundup," call the game, etc.

There was, however, some great time in the middle where I basically shut down. It's something I need more of. Lots.

And then, when there's a spare moment, I spill some thoughts on a page to keep what's overall a good habit going (that's, you know, this blog thing).

In the midst of everything, I accidentally deleted the post from yesterday, so I had to recreate it (thankfully I'm still doing a WordPress version every day also). That means I lost the readers count and it will be likely the lowest-read post of the year, but I was hardly going to earn praise for a fairly pedestrian collection of thoughts.

As for events at Dutchess Stadium, I was actually sort of OK with tonight's broadcast. Again it was nothing award-winning (never is) but it was steady. There was a lot of good about it, including me I guess.

So you take that and move on to tomorrow and do it again.

Oh and we're going to look back and marvel at the time when we got to see Anthony Volpe play


Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have a game story to edit and post.

Then try -- yes, that's the word -- try to sleep.

This is the grind.

No comments: