Friday, August 20, 2021

Go home, Rob

 

Anthony Volpe hit a game-winning home run last night


It's near 11 p.m. on a Friday night and I'm still in Dutchess Stadium.

The smoke from the fireworks show has cleared and I should leave but there are posts to be written (Hi!) and I'm trying to get them done.

If you haven't glanced at the weather please do so...like, now. A hurricane/tropical storm/rain and wind event is approaching for tomorrow night into Sunday.

I would say Sunday's game doesn't look very good. Tomorrow's, on the other hand, looks OK. That's good because the Renegades are honoring veterans and it will be a nice night here. Plus the team will wear special jerseys that will be auctioned off (visit hvrenegades.com for more info).

But Sunday? No. I deeply doubt it. Raining dogs and cats and all.

So on a night in which a run was scored due to a ball lodging in catchers equipment and home plate and two ejections and a bad call at second base that, literally, the whole stadium and people watching online could see, I need to just wrap things up and go home.

Sean has already left.

It's time for me to do the same.


I've been at it since 7am when I got ready to go teach at CSB, then I stopped for lunch (that's the picture above).

Time to wrap it up.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: