Thursday, September 05, 2019

Rodney Dangerfield Was Right



Dear week: I've had enough.

Remember what I said about broadcasting Mahopac football? Scratch that. The superintendent found two other people.

Never heard of them. Don't know if they're any good. Doesn't matter.

I was actually initially asked to do Trumbull football this Friday, but kept it open for Mahopac. Then Trumbull went away without discussion, and now Mahopac is gone.

Just the latest in a string of things in a lovely week. I'd love to list them all.

For 13 years on this blog, I've preached to "Keep moving forward," but when the insults pile up like dirty laundry, when is enough simply enough?

When are we allowed to snap?

Instead of moving forward, just stop.

When you're treated like discarded trash, you just wonder what's next.

Add in missing Sean on the first day of his senior year, and it seems like a good day to sit this one out, post a video, and go with "Rule 55."

I believe in respect and understanding. I'd like a little in return.

** This is one of those posts that I write while emotional, then step away. It's already been tweaked a few times. This has always been a live journal of sorts, and I let fly, up to a point. Shockingly, I don't say everything. I didn't name names or even tell scenarios. It's just not realistic. I also realize "better days are coming," and "keep your chin up," and other sayings are appropriate here. But, once in a while, we're allowed a moment. Some will call it a pity party. I call it a harsh reality.

When looking for dark, whiny, and moody, The Smiths provide a perfect "Rule 55" entry.

No comments: