Monday, September 23, 2019

Ninety-nine Posts To Go On The Wall



This is post number 266 of 2019.

Meaning 99 days are remaining in the year.

I guess I could say I've got 99 problems...but no.

We're turning towards the end of our #Project365.

As I sit here, right now, on Sept 23, I find that what I actually set out to do has worked. I started writing last Dec 30, with the intention of doing more. Then I took up #Project365 and haven't looked back.

So I plan to keep going on Jan 1, 2020 (as of now).

Still, tonight is one of those nights where I would consider sitting out.

I don't necessarily want to do that since this has become a habit, but it's tempting.

Social media (and other things) have worked my blood pressure to dangerous levels today and I don't always know when to say "when."

The inner curmudgeon, currently overwhelmed with an upcoming trip, a football game that he won't be a part of, and other things that he chooses to not discuss, is winning out.

But there's a post to write, so here I am.

This project has so consumed me, to the point that it is basically the sole reason I'm taking a computer to San Francisco with me, beginning Wednesday morning.

It's tempting to write something ahead of time, and I still might, just as a backup plan.

Of course, there are still a few "evergreen" posts that sit in my drafts folder, just in case.

If you'd like something more to read, perhaps you could visit this post that I wrote after the passing of Yogi Berra. I posted it four years ago today. It is, quite honestly, one of the few pieces of writing that I'm proud of.

I'm hoping a little bit of me will be back to normal tomorrow.

Whatever normal is.

No comments: