Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Chico and Taylor: An Instagram Story

Either he needs to calm down or I do.
I stumbled up the stairs around 7 a.m.

"Purrow," was heard from the top.

Oh Chico, the large great mini-bear of a cat, who doesn't just meow, but combines purring and meowing into a strange brew.

"Purrow."

"Cheeks, you need to calm down," I grumbled.

Crap.

Now the song was was in my head.

Yeah. That song. The one by Taylor Swift.

* Please note that a young friend of mine is a huge-mega-monstrous Tay-Tay T-Swizzle fan. So we will not judge in these words today.

"Purrow."

I was out of my mind. He wanted wet food because he's spoiled. He doesn't need the wet food when there is a supply of dry food -- and water -- in his bowls. I even gave him a few treats.

But now the song was rolling around my skull.

"Uh oh uh oh uh oh! You need to calm down. You're being too loud."

"(BLEEP)."

"Purrow."

I was now going out of my mind. I shot video of Chico and began to create an Instagram story.

Thanks to some goofy Taylor Swift GIFs and the ability to use music in the story, I had some fun with it.

I started with a video of him purrowing as my breakfast ticked away in the nearby toaster oven. Taylor had her head explode in GIF form as the words "you need to calm down" appeared on the screen.

In the second segment, I used a still shot of Chico with the words "you're being too loud" on the screen.

View this post on Instagram

Part 2 of the Chico story from this morning.

A post shared by Rob Adams (@dble5) on

Chico moves in segment three, rubbing up against my leg with a GIF of Tay Tay doing a victorious dance appearing on him, and word "savage" (a nod to him being a cat, and the Savage Yankees) above him.


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Rob Adams (@dble5) on

(I can't embed the rest because I started using music)

Then another still shot with the words to "You Need to Calm Down" scrolling as the chorus plays.

Next is a still shot from behind, as I realize "this is what my life has come to." The word "King" is on Chico's body as he looks out the window.

Now, I jump in, with a selfie saying "Save me" on the screen as "Hip to be Square" by Huey Lewis and the News (of course).

Finally, we finish with a still shot of Chico, as "Help" (by The Beatles, naturally) plays. Above Chico's head, I wrote "Aaaaaaah" above him, as a way to express my relief, and "This was kind of fun" below him.

It was fun, and I realize describing it serves it no justice but I couldn't find a way to post everything on here, so head over to Instagram, where I've saved it as a highlight.

Otherwise, take my word for it. I was losing my mind.

But if it produced some laughs then that's all I can ask for.

No comments: