Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Upcoming Baseball on Robcasting


Back in 2015, I was approached about covering a Babe Ruth Baseball tournament at Trumbull High School.

The schedule was grueling, with 15 games stretched out over five days.

The initial thinking was that I was crazy to try to do all of the games. The thinking was that we (HAN Radio/HAN Network) would do the semifinals and finals.

Undaunted, I was in for the whole tournament. I battled with losing my voice every night and loved every minute of it.

Since then, I've had similar experiences in 2017 and 2018. In fact, when HAN said they weren't doing the pool play games or the quarterfinals of the '17 tournament at Trumbull, I jumped at the opening, cranking through 12 games before rain canceled our last day.

Last year, I bounced between a Babe Ruth tourney in Norwalk and covering Fairfield American Little League. Again, I loved it.

Today, I confirmed I'll do that again.

The 13-year-old Babe Ruth tournament will take place at Cubeta Stadium in Stamford. There had been talk of Robcasting covering those games previously, and we settled on a modified schedule of games.

While I hate missing games, I will do everything to make everyone happy. Fairfield American Little League booked me first, so they have first dibs, but I'll have plenty of the Babe Ruth tournament from Stamford as well.

All games that we broadcast will be carried live on http://mixlr.com/robcasting-radio. Archives are placed on Mixlr, https://archive.org/details/@double5, and https://mixcloud.com/robcasting-radio/.

If all goes well, this is what the schedule will look like:

Friday, July 19: 
* The Babe Ruth tournament begins on Friday at Cubeta Stadium. I encourage you to go see the games, however, it is unlikely that Robcasting will be there. Sorry for any disappointment.

5:30 p.m. -- Fairfield American (FALL)/Max Sinoway Little League Baseball at Unity Park, Trumbull

**If FALL wins on Friday, they play Darien at 10 a.m. If they lose, they play Darien Sunday at 10 a.m.

Saturday, July 20:
IF FALL WINS ON FRIDAY:
10:00 a.m. -- FALL vs. Darien at Unity Park, Trumbull
3:00 p.m. -- Keene, NH vs. Pittsfield, MA at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
5:30 p.m. -- Plymouth, MA vs. Milford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
8:00 p.m. -- Stamford, CT vs. Greater Portland, ME

IF FALL LOSES ON FRIDAY:
12:30 p.m. -- Barre, VT  vs. North Providence/Smithfield, RI at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
3:00 p.m. -- Keene, NH vs. Pittsfield, MA at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
5:30 p.m. -- Plymouth, MA vs. Milford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
8:00 p.m. -- Stamford, CT vs. Greater Portland, ME at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Sunday, July 21:
IF FALL WINS ON FRIDAY:
12:30 p.m. -- Plymouth, MA vs. Keene, NH at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
3:00 p.m. -- Greater Portland, ME vs. North Providence/Smithfield, RI at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
5:30 p.m. -- Pittsfield, MS vs. Milford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
8:00 p.m. -- Barre, VT vs. Stamford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

IF FALL LOSES ON SATURDAY:
10:00 a.m. -- FALL vs. Darien at Unity Park, Trumbull
3:00 p.m. -- Greater Portland, ME vs. North Providence/Smithfield, RI at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
5:30 p.m. -- Pittsfield, MS vs. Milford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
8:00 p.m. -- Barre, VT vs. Stamford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Monday, July 22:
IF FALL IS STILL PLAYING:

5:30 p.m. -- FALL in Little League Section 1 Championship at Unity Park, Trumbull

IF FALL IS FINISHED:

4:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney quarterfinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
7:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney quarterfinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Tuesday, July 23:
4:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney semifinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
7:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney semifinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Wednesday, July 24:
6:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tournament Championship at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

I promise there will not be a test.

Could be quite a run of baseball. Weather permitting, of course.

Last thought: I haven't settled on broadcast partners and could be talked into having people fill-in for me on the games that I can't do. However, it has to be people I trust taking that on. I'm talking people like Chris Kaelin, Chris Erway, Mike Hirn (um...he's in Ohio), etc.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Lots of baseball coming up on Robcasting before the lull of August hits.

No comments: