Tuesday, July 02, 2019

The Podcast Is Back (with Scott Pelley)

(Photo: YouTube)
Earlier today, I spoke with Scott Pelley of CBS News on Doubleheader.

Now a correspondent for 60 Minutes, the former Managing Editor and Anchor of the CBS Evening News graciously agreed to appear on the show to discuss his new book, Truth Worth Telling: A Reporter's Search for Meaning in the Stories of Our Times.

I mentioned Susan a few times during the interview, so as a companion piece to the podcast, why don't you read Susan's story on the book (Darien Times)? She interviewed Mr. Pelley a few weeks back.

We're in such a bad time in journalism. There's a war on journalists as we all know, and it's not fun. Scott Pelley is -- to me -- one of the most prominent people I trust in journalism. This interview was a thrill for me, and I hope it sounds good.

We need people to trust in this business at every level. Fair, honest, accurate people in news and sports.

Thanks to WGCH for allowing me to use the audio of course.

Enjoy the podcast. It's a different avenue tonight, but one I'll try again with other guests.
 

1 comment:

Joeming said...

Great interview Rob. I wish you continued success.