Friday, July 19, 2019

The Beginning of the Robcasting Radio Blazin' Baseballapalooza!



It's silly, but it's often the little things.

I'm beginning a crazy stretch of games, and I'm quite excited about it. I'll do four games tomorrow and four more on Sunday. Then either one or two more on Monday, two on Tuesday, and one more on Wednesday.

Then I'll take a break.

But why the picture of mechanical pencils?

Everyone has their own play-by-play and scorekeeping style. We've established that fact many times here.

I've frankly never understood those who can do a baseball scorebook in pen. Some have the space to do multiple colors. I'm lucky if I use a pen for the lineup and pencil for the details.

So having a pencil I can rely on matters.

Many years ago, while a young buck at Kraft Foods, I came across these Pentel mechanical pencils that served me well. I also discovered that I needed to use a 0.5 led because my writing style was too firm for anything else.

Eventually -- literally after 20 years or so, all of the Pentel's I had fell apart.

So I treated myself to a new two-pack of Pentel pencils. It was $11 well spent.

It's the little things.

*****
You might see these guys hanging around Stamford tomorrow (2016 picture).
With Fairfield American Little League losing to Max Sinoway tonight, I'll be at Stamford's Cubeta Stadium tomorrow for Babe Ruth baseball action. On Sunday, I'll be back at Trumbull's Unity Park for FALL and Darien. What happens Monday will depend on how Sunday turns out.

I'll do my best for posts over the next two days, but with games going all day, it could be difficult.

UPDATED SCHEDULE
Saturday, July 20:
12:30 p.m. -- Barre, VT  vs. North Providence/Smithfield, RI at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
3:00 p.m. -- Keene, NH vs. Pittsfield, MA at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
5:30 p.m. -- Plymouth, MA vs. Milford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
8:00 p.m. -- Stamford, CT vs. Greater Portland, ME at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Sunday, July 21:
10:00 a.m. -- FALL vs. Darien at Unity Park, Trumbull
3:00 p.m. -- Greater Portland, ME vs. North Providence/Smithfield, RI at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
5:30 p.m. -- Pittsfield, MS vs. Milford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
8:00 p.m. -- Barre, VT vs. Stamford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Monday, July 22:
IF FALL IS STILL PLAYING:

5:30 p.m. -- FALL in Little League Section 1 Championship at Unity Park, Trumbull

IF FALL IS FINISHED:

4:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney quarterfinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
7:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney quarterfinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Tuesday, July 23:
4:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney semifinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
7:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tourney semifinal at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Wednesday, July 24:
6:00 p.m. -- Babe Ruth Tournament Championship at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

No comments: