Sunday, July 07, 2019

A Long Sunday

Sir Ringo Starr at his Peace and Love birthday celebration at Capitol Records Tower (Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP)

I know someone who needs to take a break and never does.

Every weekend is the same. Go here, do this. Never slow down. Never stop and read or just zone out.

Now I'm not necessarily one to talk but I will shut down occasionally.

Today was not one of those days.

It started with an early rise to get to Unity Park in Trumbull for the Fairfield American/Fairfield National Little League Baseball tilt.

While getting up early is a bummer, the quiet of a Sunday morning on the road is glorious. I grabbed a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich (with a hashbrown patty) and a big cup of coffee from the deli at the old Rodak's in Mahopac (my old Pac friends know what I mean) and was on my way.

I made my way through Croton Falls, Brewster, Danbury, Newtown, and Monroe before arriving in Trumbull around 8:30.

Shawn Sailer was already on-site. No truth to the rumor he slept there.

Full disclosure: give me a place to shower and I'd camp there. That's how much I'm doing the Trumbull/Mahopac run.

Fairfield American rolled to an 8-0 win and we'll see them again on Tuesday evening.

A trip back home included a quick stop near Danbury (always looking for ways to transport audio equipment safely) before I returned to Mahopac.

From there I made not one, but two -- yes, two! -- trips to Best Buy down near Peekskill.

In fact, it was the third trip to Best Buy in two days.

But I'm now the proud owner of a new iPhone XR.

Ever set up a new phone? How about a new phone for someone else (and that someone isn't that tech-savvy)?

It means you basically lose the balance of your day to messing around with TWO iPhone XR's.

And so here I am.

Thus I leave you with the words of Ringo Starr on his 79th birthday.

"Peace and love, peace and love."

No comments: