Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Son, the Musician

Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth, 1928
Sean's mother (you might remember her - name of Sandi) informed me this morning that our awesome son is joining the band at his elementary school for fifth grade.  As luck would have it, he will be playing the saxophone.

This is lucky because: A) I could use the picture above of two of the five or ten greatest baseball players ever and, B) his maternal grandparents have an old saxophone, since two of their children played it!

So yes, we will take that touch of good fortune.

But in all seriousness, I am deeply proud of Sean for taking this initiative.  He has demonstrated for some time that he has an interest in music, both as a listener and as a participant.  Honestly, I suspect it will frustrate him as much as his attempts at playing baseball did.  But he'll give it his all.

Sean's ear for music runs from the supremely awesome (The Beatles...duh) to...er...Maroon 5 ("Moves Like Jagger")...to Big Time Rush.  We all make mistakes.

You all know how proud I am of my son.  You all know what an honor it is to be his father, and how seriously I take it.  So of course I'll proudly be at his concerts!

No comments: