Thursday, May 03, 2012

Best Solo Musical Artist After Leaving a Band (And a Quick Personal Note)

Rolling Stone asked readers to pick the 10 best post-band solo careers.   Some choices were solid (Ozzy), some were...er...questionable (Morrissey), and some were hardly surprising (Sting).  But I'd have to say, overall, they got this one right.

Number one should be, and is, obvious.

Sir Paul.

Let's return to 2009 at Citi Field.  I'm not into effects at concerts (just play the freaking music), but this was cool.


Friends, let this also be a simple way to say that, after four long years, all is said and done from another part of my life.  The process that began with being served papers in my driveway has come to a close.  Finally.  Hopefully you know what I'm talking about, and I'm not writing this to celebrate, gloat, or anything else.  There's also no mourning here.  In fact, I felt nothing when I found out.  I thank each of you that was there for me (and Sean) from the bottom of my heart.  I thank all of you that have stayed loyal and are still here as well.

As one person said to me, "Onto new horizons."  And so, indeed, I say "To new horizons."

And we keep moving forward.  Brighter days are ahead.

No comments: