Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Go Nomiate Your Choice For 2009 FCIAC Player of the Year

Head over to the FCIAC Football Blog and make your voice be heard. I did it, and I've decided to tell you who it is. I don't care if you think it's home cooking, the choice was a simple one for me:

Michael Lefflbine, Quarterback, Greenwich

I saw him take every snap and think he played with anybody else in the conference, certainly at the quarterback position. Sure Turner Baty is also spectacular and merits a nomination (and he's a solid kid - having had a chance to speak with him), but I've been really impressed with Lefflbine. He leads the Cardinals in virtually every offensive category and if not for a few missed extra points or one thing or another, the Cardinals would be 9-0 and the number one team in the state.

By the way, the logistics of Greenwich in the playoffs would have been a bear for me, but we would have soldiered on!

So anyway, Mike Lefflbine is my choice. Who is yours?

And I put Staples atop my BG Five. Pomperaug is second, Central third, Masuk fourth, New Canaan fifth, and Greenwich sixth. That's what I remember doing.

GHS-Staples comes your way tomorrow live from Westport. Pregame show at 10:20 (or earlier). We know you can watch it, but do you really care about shots of Jimmy (Madden lite) Cavallo with the damn turkey, or your hometown guys rocking the call?

The MSG guys are pretty good for the most part, so I'm kind of kidding.

I'm hoping for good weather, because although I know my friends at Staples are doing everything to get us into the booth, something tells me we will be in the great outdoors for the fourth time this decade in Westport.

Oh, and I expect the guys from WWPT (Staples campus station) to join us at some point. They're high school kids, let's show them some love.

No comments: