Saturday, July 09, 2022

The Signs Pointed to Going

 

Wanted: One I-95 shield

I'm back in the Hudson Valley and it didn't really involve baseball.

It involved a social gathering for another thing I love: roads.

My friend Dan Murphy lives in Fishkill and he was hosting a gathering to officially open up his condo. As he explained it to me, he's lived there for years but it was never truly in the right condition. He works in the road business and his hours had him constantly working on things such as the bridge that crosses the Tappan Zee.

Something he's very proud of.

So, despite part of me telling myself to rest in between days of broadcasts, the other part said to go.

And I went.

And I had a great time. 

Sean went to middle school on NY route 376


It wasn't a huge group -- there were seven of us -- but it was just enough. We laughed, walked roads, watched some baseball, and hosted a YouTube webinar on an upcoming road gathering in Philadelphia in August.

Shockingly, Sean and I are planning to attend it.

So, yes, if you watch the slideshow with the commentary, you can hear me laughing and contributing.

Dan would come by the Renegades games last year and would make a point of visiting with Sean and me. I wanted to return the kindness today by joining the crew including Steve, Patrick, Connor, Bill, and Jeff.

We grabbed some pizza and later went to the diner in Fishkill for whatever we wanted. I opted for soup and cheesecake.

As has become a bit of a custom for me, both Steve and Dan wondered if this would make the blog.

Well, here we are.

Just Dan's collection of road signs was enough to make me want to write.

And so, with time winding down on a Saturday night, I'm sitting in a parking lot composing this post.

Back to baseball tomorrow.



No comments: