Friday, December 13, 2019

Strike That. Delete It.

A rare prayer from me
I have a broadcast at 8:30 tonight.

I'll drag equipment up into a little perch above the scorers booth at the Brewster Ice Arena and call Mahopac/Carmel in their annual Hockey Fights Cancer charity game.

Harold will join me for the call. Sean is coming along also.

The game will (hopefully) air on Robcasting (internet stinks there), with a rebroadcast tomorrow on WON 920 The Apple.

I'll make sure to post the game in the archive later tonight, and a video will go on the Robcasting YouTube page.

It's not glamorous. It makes no money.

And there's no place I'd rather be.

I deleted the rest of the post as I originally wrote it.

I guarantee a few -- Mike Hirn, Nate Stidham, Susan, AJ, and Shawn -- have a feeling where it was going.

But, alas, we live in a world of "don't you dare criticize" certain types.

There's a built-in excuse every time for these situations.

"Just a kid."

"Unprofessional to do so."

"You'll look bad."

"It's a waste of time."

"They're irrelevant."

"Don't give them the attention."

And so on.

So I grumbled to those that I thought would listen and now feel better.

Back to rainbows and unicorns.

And hockey pucks.

I have a game to broadcast at 8:30.

* I appreciate that you want to know what I'm on about. It's one of those things in the business that -- in the grand scheme of things -- doesn't matter. There are things that are out of my control. I've long said quality has become irrelevant. So I'm spouting off steam privately. I'm good.

No comments: