Friday, December 20, 2019

Hockey, Hops, and Hot Tub!

Captains and officials before tonight's tilt in Brewster.
I'm home after a long day.

Work becomes hockey game (that is work also). After that, I shut down for a bit.

Harold and I grabbed sandwiches, went back to his house, and I jumped in a hot tub.

While we ate dinner, I chatted with his wonderful wife Tracy and their daughter Katie.

Katie is only a member of the All-Decade cross country team, as chosen by LoHud.com.

No big deal.

So, yeah, back to that hot tub. Yes, I really did go in it. The outside air was 20 degrees. The water was nice and comfortable. It was glorious. We talked music and sports (who...US? Nah).

Then we went back into his house to begin editing the video of tonight's Mahopac/Carmel hockey game, which also led to my needing to edit the audio.

Though the internet worked great tonight at the Brewster Ice Arena (smaller crowd? Gremlins not climbing through the wires? Who knows why it worked?) we had a computer crash that caused us to scramble on the audio (Robcasting side). Approximately seven minutes of game audio was lost on Robcasting, but Harold saved the day because we had the video, which is now on YouTube.

So I fixed the audio, and voila! We're done.

And I'm done for the night. That was game number 131 -- tying my best year (pathetic as that might sound). I'd like to break the mark but would also be OK (I think) if I stopped there.

I'm slightly confident that mark will be broken next year. The promise of roughly 40 baseball games in the summer brings me hope.

But we'll see what the final 11 days have in store.

I'm shutting down for real. Back tomorrow.

Goodnight, all.

No comments: