Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Spring Shows Promise

(Photo courtesy Pixabay)
First, a note about last night's post.

Don't read too much into it. Yes, things have been (and are still) bad.

Yes, work is still a mega-issue, and there's still money that I'm owed that I haven't received.

But last night's post was more about wanting to defend people. About wanting to speak out, yet being muzzled.

Anyway, it's all good, and I thank those who were concerned. The work issue is the bigger thing at this point.

Staying on that topic, I got some good news today.

First, I'll be back with Brunswick this Friday for lacrosse, as the Bruins host William Penn Charter School at 4pm. The game will be carried on Local Live.

With any luck, there will be more Wick lax, and hopefully lots of Wick baseball also.

Maybe there will be more games. I hope so.

Plus I'll be back with a small slate of Mahopac baseball, which I'm doing to make me happy, and because I like the coaches at the Pac.

I got some other news tonight for just one game, but it could be pretty cool.

Unfortunately, all of the details aren't solid yet so I will hold off on announcing what this is.

But keep Sunday at 1pm open. That's all.

None of this is going to resolve things, but it gives me hope. You've got to start somewhere.

I'll be honest, hope is a dangerous thing.

But it's nice to feel something tonight.

Plus baseball started this morning, in Tokyo. If only for two games.

But I was up at 4:45, and saw the first pitch of the season at 5:36.

All of this is potential. Spring has sprung.

No comments: