Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Sorry, Greenwich


After much conjecture (and some confusion), I broadcast the Xavier/Greenwich CIAC DII first-round playoff game tonight.

I've been walking into that gym for a little over 19 years, and it's always nice to come back.

Things aren't quite what they used to be though when we did every game and it was known that we'd be there.

With the confusion of the past two days, I earned a slap on the wrist because GHS didn't know I'd be there, and I thought they did. Suh-wing and a miss! (Wrong sport, I know)

Obviously, I feel guilty about that, but I always have Paul Silverfarb to have my back.

Wait. Did I just say that? Hahahahahahahahah (OK, I'm kidding. He has my back. Really)

As for the game, the Falcons of Xavier in Middletown built a big lead in the third quarter, and despite a run by the Cardinals, Big Red fell short at the end. A terrific season for the Cardinals (all things considered) ended at 12-9.

And Greenwich is 0-2 on nights when I broadcast their games.

That also earned me a playful slap on the wrist.

For what it's worth, Greenwich boys hockey also played tonight.

Obviously, I was not there.

Greenwich lost to New Canaan in overtime, 2-1.

I couldn't jinx that one.

The girls hockey semis are tomorrow. Kato, Mick, and I are on the call.

No comments: