Monday, March 04, 2019

Change of Plans

My little podcast has hit Apple (and Stitcher)
First, thanks to the brave few who listened to the first episode of "Tales From The Booth." I greatly appreciate those who took the time to try it out. The thing is, as I keep stressing, it's the first try, and it will evolve.

All along, I've planned on adding guests, maybe bringing over interviews from "Doubleheader," and perhaps digging into the archive for other interviews as well.

This has been rolling around in my brain for months and is the kind of thing I ponder in free moments (like driving).

I threw yesterday's show together, so if it wasn't up to your taste, understand I jumped into the deep end of the pool. I didn't let anyone pre-listen. I just went for it.

And, truthfully, I was really proud of it. I listened to it a few times on my own. Sure, I could nitpick it, but for someone who is renowned for ripping everything I do, I surprised myself by feeling OK with it.

Lastly, I've submitted it to several places, and Stitcher was the first to respond. Find it at https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/rob-adams/tales-from-the-booth?refid=stpr

And Apple just approved it as well. So once it hits iTunes, you can find it at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tales-from-the-booth/id1455042173.

*****
You all know the reality of things for me. We've spoken too much about it and shall not speak of it again.

That being said, my plans for today have changed. I had scheduled the Robcasting Radio staff (that's me) to be at Greenwich High School for the Cardinals' boys basketball playoff game against Xavier.

Then Local Live pulled me to Fairfield to call Notre Dame against Bristol Eastern in girls basketball, and duty calls.

I thought the weather would destroy the whole thing, as we have between eight inches and a foot of snow around these parts. Most schools are closed (except for Sean in Dutchess County).

However, some were planning to open for the games. As of this morning, GHS was still playing, so I had to message them with the bad news.

That game got postponed in the last half hour.

The Notre Dame-Fairfield and Bristol Eastern game is still on. Game time is 6:30, and should be available at locallive.tv.

If it all goes well, I can now go to Greenwich tomorrow night for the Cardinals and Falcons.

But...things can change.

No comments: