Monday, March 25, 2019

Great Band, Popular Song, and I Detest it

Looks like a blast

So many things rolling around in the ol' brain tonight.

*****
Horrible sadness over Jeremy Richman, the father of one of the children who died at Sandy Hook in 2012, took his own life today. With the suicides of two survivors of the Parkland, Florida shooting, we're seeing some awful news.

I don't have the words, but I will implore you once again to seek help if you're troubled. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255, and there are friends and family who are there. Let's take care of each other.

*****
Let's turn from sadness to silly minutiae, symbolic of basically nothing. I saw this tweet tonight:

The way I'm understanding this is that I have to like the band (or even love the band) but hate one of their popular songs.

There has to be one. The very first thing that came to my mind was "All You Need is Love," but I don't know if I hate it that much. I admire the production values that went into it, but I find it droning a bit.

Still. Hated? No.

So what song would it be? I'm sure there is one.

Could I go with the second version of "Candle In The Wind" by Elton John, even though I like the original?

Somehow I thought this would be easy, but I'm struggling.

Oh, and to the person who commented to the original tweet with a deep shot to planet Huey Lewis and the News...just whatever. Have a nice day, and I hope "Hip to Be Square" is stuck in your cerebral cortex for eternity.



Incidentally, there is no song that I detest by them. No shock there.

For now, I'll give you an answer, but it's not much of an answer since it's a "song" by definition only.

Numbah nine. Numbah nine. Numbah nine...



No comments: