Monday, September 10, 2012

Tomorrow, As Always, With Sadness


Eleven years later, we all still remember the events of September 11, 2001.  I've written a post for it on an annual basis.  The tears and memories remain pretty fresh, and become even more vivid as we relive it every year.

The archive: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

This year, I found a different approach.  I came across the broadcast of our golf show, "Tee Time", which ran on WGCH.  It was hosted by Michael Breed, a golf pro and instructor who has done pretty well for himself as a writer and broadcaster, and recently appeared via footage of his Golf Channel show in the Meryl Streep/Tommy Lee Jones movie, "Hope Springs."

Just a note: I had no clue Michael was in that movie, and Lisa and I went to see it last week.  I was quite shocked when I saw him.

With September 11, 2001 falling on a Tuesday, nobody knew how to proceed on Wednesday the 12th, which was our day to do "Tee Time."  We went ahead with the show, and just talked.  I put together a small piece that ran as well.  It's a show I'm very proud of.

As we pause to remember those lost on that day, we are reminded that this war - on terror - is not over.  It's just not.  We are reminded of the sadness and just how we felt the day before; the minutes before.  And then, almost in an instant, it changed.  As always, I'll listen to the audio of that day and ponder things with Bruce Springsteen's The Rising playing. 

Listen here to Michael Breed and I, as we hosted "Tee Time" on September 12, 2001.


If you want to hear the broadcast audio montage of September 11, 2001, it is here.

No comments: