Friday, September 14, 2012

Hudson Valley Renegades: Champions

I'm crazy tight on time today with, you know, this little football game to call tonight on WGCH at 7:00 (6:40 pregame show), but I can't let today go by without congratulating the Hudson Valley Renegades, who won the 2012 New York-Penn League Championship last night at Dutchess Stadium.

I'm so very happy for everyone in the Gades organization, from GM Eben Yager on down.  I didn't do any games with them on the radio this year, but loved every minute of my time with the team, beginning in 2001.

I won't lie.  I'm jealous.  I would have loved to have been a part of it, but it's OK.  I listened to some of the action on the radio, with envy and joy all at the same time.

Enjoy the celebration, Gades.

Sean McMahon at the Poughkeepsie Journal put together a video of last nights' big moment.


OK, back to prepping for the game.  Oh, and be sure to listen online, in the stadium (we'll let you know what frequency), and, from Lisa was telling me, on the TuneIn radio app on your iPhone and Android.  Greenwich...Ridgefield...coming up!

No comments: