Sunday, September 16, 2012

Profiling the Master

Sean popped into my room to visit with me on this Sunday morning.  It's a chilly day in the "hood" and Sean is going cartoon-free today (part of the result of a punishment) so he came in to draw and hang out with his Daddy.  I stepped out of the room for a moment, leaving the TV on with CBS's Sunday Morning on.

It was then that I realized, once again, I've schooled my son quite well.

"Daddy", he said, "Vin Scully is your favorite baseball announcer, right?"

"Yes", I responded.

"He's about to be on TV."

The Great Scully was profiled, magnificently, by Lee Cowan in this piece on Sunday Morning, the text of which you can read here (as of this moment, the video is not online).

But...I found video...of something I've never seen.  Vin Scully won the Ford Frick Award in 1982, which is the equivalent of induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame.  I'm pleased to post it here.

No comments: