Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mother Nature Still Appears to Be Pretty Angry


Several Facebook friends posted this video today.  Ho...lee...Cow.

Beyond stunning. Our thoughts go out to those who are dealing with this.

There is a part of me that would love to do the whole "weather chasing" thing. I find weather fascinating. I get really into watching a good thunderstorm. I'm no Jim Cantore (and not that into science) but I can watch The Weather Channel for hours, especially during a big event.

All of that being said, there's something about this video that's just a wee bit too dangerous for my taste. I can deal with a horror/disaster movie - it's fiction, mostly - but this was real life that this guy was playing with.

The devastation in Alabama and elsewhere is incredible. At last check, over 250 people are dead. We'd probably be best to focus on that and not Barack Obama's birth certificate, or the Royal Wedding (which I will probably glance at tomorrow), or some other insignificant thing.

No comments: