Friday, October 01, 2010

Just a Quick High School Football Post (Down Goes Ridgefield)

Tim Parry just sent me a text - essentially telling me that Staples beat Ridgefield 34-14, and I - the lone wolf in the Ridgefield support room - was wrong for my first-place vote in the Bill Gonillo Five. So here I am, manning up, to say I was wrong. I believed everything I heard in the off-season about the Tigers, and they just weren't quite ready to live up to the billing.

I stayed true to my belief, even when the Tigers weren't part of the BG Five. All good. To me, this is better than those who simply suck up to various coaches and programs. And we're all guilty to an extent.

Sorry, Tigers. You will be taking a hard fall in my BG Five (Six). But I still support you.

Off to bed now, to rest my voice (I'm battling allergies or something) for tomorrow's Greenwich/Harding tilt in Bridgeport. It's on WGCH, beginning with pregame coverage at 1:20 PM. If you spy an eight year-old watching a DVD player (most likely), that will be Mr. Sean Adams - the pride and joy of my life. No matter how crazy he makes me for being a typical eight year-old.

No comments: