Monday, March 15, 2010

Kent Primary School on the Radio

Today was one of the coolest editions of The Press Box that we've done. In fact, it was one of the cooler things I've done on the radio.

I had the idea to take the show to Sean's school, Kent Primary School. Thankfully the school liked the idea, and it all came to fruition today. Ryan DeMaria and I hosted the show from a conference room, and we had Sean, his teacher, his principal, and all of his classmates on as guests. They sang a song for us and told us about sports, their favorite players, and favorite teams.

I'm told that the kids were really excited in the days leading up to the show, and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

The show will be on the Lifestyle Talk Radio Network archive for the next month.

My eternal thanks to Sean's teacher, Jennifer Byrd, Kent Primary's principal, Joan Pinkerton, and all of the students for allowing Ryan and I to bring the show to their school. Also thanks to our guy in the studio, Justin Woliner, and to Don Verity and the folks at Hudson Valley Talk Radio for loaning their equipment to us.

No comments: