Monday, August 27, 2007

Richmond on the Road

Remember me? I know, I've gone into hiding. The Bullseye adjustment has taken me out of the blog loop but I'll be back. I've had things to talk about, but haven't had the energy.

So for those who enjoy such things, I leave you on this Monday with a great road video. Jim does a remarkable job of editing his road videos by speeding them up, adding some music, and a few witty edits. This is not some clunky effort. Oh, and he has lots more on YouTube. The video I've put here is his third selection from Richmond. I think it represents the city the best (from a highway perspective). The video starts on Interstate 95 south near Interstate 295 (north of the city line) and continues to I-195 south to VA route 195 back to I-95 north before a turnaround (probably at the Boulevard exit) and onto I-95 south, ending south of the Richmond city line.

To me, it's great stuff.

So take a ride through one of my favorite places.

4 comments:

Vintage Richmond said...

Cool video, but he got the Philip Morris headquarters wrong. The actual USA headquarters is on the west side of town. I guess I can let that slide. He also didn't mention the GIANT 895 bridge. Minor glitches. ;-)

Rob Adams said...

That's not the PM headquarters? Hmmm... I would have been wrong about that also. I thought it was the US headquarters when Sandi and I visited there in '92. Ah, back in the day when you could ride around in a long cart and get free cigarettes. Useless, of course, but the tour was a goof.

I think he might have mentioned the 895 bridge in one of his other videos - there were at least three, and another documented northern VA (from near Potomac Mills to just north of the Beltway).

Tim Parry said...

Now if I only knew you knew Richmond the two times I visited Richmond, I would have been better off...

Vintage Richmond said...

The headquarters moved here a few years ago from good ole NYC. It's in the old Reynolds Metals Corporate HQ on Broad St. Here's a good article about the move:
http://tinyurl.com/3xua9q