Thursday, August 16, 2007

Let's Watch Another Boring Kids Video

OK, these are posted with the intent of letting the grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and so on watch. For the rest of you, I'm happy to have you view this video, but completely understand it if you think it is torturous. For me, I really enjoyed the efforts of everyone at Pine Grove Country Day School's Camp today, as they put on one hour of wall to wall entertainment.

Of course, I have a few choice words though. First, I think nearly everybody in that auditorium (the adults, not the kids) needs to go back to school and learn respect. The room was completely full when the show started, and was nearly desolate by the end. Why? Because it was hot in there? I'll grant you that, but I sweat like Patrick Ewing at the free throw line taking when it's 20 degrees, let alone 80. So if I'm not roasting, then you shouldn't be either. Or you felt the need to get your kid and move on in the big-arse SUV to head off to Cold Stone for some All Lovin' No Oven?

Next, if you're in the auditorium, please for the love of Romper Room (and she never did say my name on that show) don't run your mouth. Future generations are messed up enough. Can't we set good examples by sitting there quietly and respectfully? The woman who was serving as the "MC" could barely be heard because somebody's mother/father/grandmother/grandfather/sister/brother/aunt/uncle/next door neighbor wouldn't shut up. We get it - your kid looks great/cute/scared/adorable. I'm guessing this conversation could wait until you're back in the Land Rover.

Somehow this did not seem to be a problem for The Son's father, grandfather and grandmother. We behaved.

Jesus, and this stuff is just getting started. On September 5th, The Son climbs aboard a school bus and heads off to kindergarten. With it will go a little piece of my heart, and the beginning of a new era. We'll deal with that in a few weeks. Now on with the show...

No comments: