Monday, July 02, 2007

Couldn't Let This Go By

Don Kaplan writes in Monday's New York Post that the I-Man may be back, and soon. Most of the article is rumors from the New York Radio Message Board, but the reality is that Don Imus will be back, very soon.

The key lines to me are these...
While celebrating the sports station's 20th anniversary last Friday, Imus pals Mike Francesa and Chris Russo, of "Mike and the Mad Dog," hinted that a deal to bring the crusty talk-radio cowboy back is in the works.

"When we return to our regular schedule this September, I hope the team will once again be complete," Francesa said.

A few minutes before that, longtime Imus co-host Charles McCord also made a cryptic comment about having "looked into the rearview mirror . . . and some objects were closer than they appear."

I heard them all, and even thought the fact that WFAN allowed a four-hour tribute to Imus was a bit strange, considering he had just recently been fired. The whole thing made me raise my eyebrows, but I think there's still a ways to go before he's back. CBS Radio head honcho Les Moonves will have to stop sleeping with Reverend Al and grow a set of marbles before this comes to fruition.

Either way, I hear something ticking, but it's not a clock. It's a wrinkled up old prune in New Mexico on a horse wearing a cowboy hat and beginning to ride his way back to New York.

As the old song goes, "See you in September."

No comments: