Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tuesday

 

Tacos make Tuesday better

Ah, Tuesday.

You can never tell with Tuesday, can you?

We talk a lot about Monday. 

You know, "Monday Monday," "I Don't Like Mondays," "Manic Monday," "Rainy Days and Mondays," and so on.

But Tuesdays? Sure, the Moody Blues gave us "Tuesday Afternoon," and the Rolling Stones liked their Tuesday to be Ruby, but even Lynyrd Skynyrd agreed that "'Tuesday's Gone' with the wind."

Wednesday is hump day and Thursday, as many literary fans know, we never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Then there are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and we can sing all day about them.

Tuesday is a wild card.

My Tuesday will take me to the stadium where I will be gainfully employed reading words and announcing names for tonight's Renegades/InronBirds game. As I'll work with people that I like it won't be a bad gig. That's what makes it all still fun to me. 

I have family there and I have friends that could be family.

Plus it's baseball and I can't wait to see what the stadium looks like after renovations are finished in time for the 2024 season.

I plan to keep doing it if they still want me but I know there's a lot of time before next season.

There's a football season (well, two in that I have both Greenwich and Brunswick to consider).

There's soccer also this fall.

Then there is ice hockey and basketball in the winter. Maybe wrestling.

Plus Boomslang will be back soon.

Then we'll shift over to baseball and lacrosse.

In the middle of all of that, who knows what else will come up.

Yes, I frequently talk about wanting a home base and that's still a goal. It would be great to have one of the many things I do as my anchor and then slot in other things off of that.

For now, we continue the harried pace of the life that I'm living and that's OK.

I had breakfast today with friends and we talked about new ideas and opportunities.

That, of course, will only add to the insanity of juggling but why not? 

Keep in mind, I also have podcasts and conferences for Hunt Scanlon coming up as well.

Somewhere, I'll also slot in some depositions.

And, you know what? I'll make it all work.

That's my life. I just do it and keep rolling.

Off to the stadium.

"I'm looking at myself reflections of my mind

It's just the kind of day to leave myself behind"

-- "Tuesday Afternoon by The Moody Blues

No comments: