Tuesday, August 08, 2023

In My Room (for tonight)

 


From beautiful Fredericksburg, VA this is your Tuesday night travel update!

I got in just about a half-hour ago, rocking my Buc-ee's t-shirt after a six-hour excursion from Greenwich.

I just couldn't make any better time. In fact, I think I gained some time back after slogging through New Jersey (let's face it, that's always the case).

Though this time was a bit worse as the Garden State Parkway dragged.

Then there was slow traffic in Delaware.

Plus two stops were necessary, including getting gas for my car given I'm not a fan of "Low Fuel" indicator.

But my fear of Baltimore and Washington was happily unfounded tonight. We rolled nicely through Baltimore and, shockingly, even through D.C.

I decided to follow what Waze was advising, buzzing down the Baltimore-Washington Parkway and then across Interstate 695 and 395 without issue.

And now, I'm in a hotel room -- a suite, in fact!

At least for tonight. It's what they had here and it's really more of an "Executive Room" with a bedroom door that closes. It's nice and perfectly fine for me.

But I should probably have a bite to eat and, gosh, there's a Wawa just outside the front door of the hotel. There's also a Waffle House a few feet away. 


And Richmond is only an hour away (Yes, Jon, I'm talking to you!)

Am I home?

Is this heaven?

No.

It's Fredericksburg.

Trumbull is 2-1 with another game to be played tomorrow. They fell this morning but they play at 6 p.m. 

I'll be there.

No comments: