Friday, July 30, 2021

Tired. Got nothing.


 

This is the post for Friday night, July 30, 2021.

I'm sitting inside Dutchess Stadium after an absolutely brutal loss for the Renegades.

The Gades had a 4-0 lead and watched it disappear as Wilmington scored once in the eighth and five times in the ninth. The Comeback Kids had a chance in the bottom of the ninth but fell short.

Blue Rocks 6, Gades 5.

But fireworks and games sent the nearly 4,800 fans home happy.

As it all unfolded, I thought about what to write tonight. I have to be right back here tomorrow in the area of 10 am for a Wiffle ball game with Jomboy.

Yes. You read that correctly. I'm doing play-by-play on a Wiffle ball between Jomboy and Jake.

I'm a touch nervous about it but we'll deal with that then.

So I don't really have anything profound tonight as I watch Woody from Toy Story getting pelted with tennis balls in a game on the field after the fireworks ended. 

Sean has already left. Many other have taken off also.

I still have to process the game story written by Spencer Pierce.

Tomorrow will be a long day.

So this is the post for tonight.

No comments: