Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Let us not talk of it

 

The scorecard

Tonight didn't happen.

Nope. 

The Renegades didn't lose 19-6 to Wilmington.

There wasn't a huge change in the lineup right before the first pitch.

I didn't say a different pitcher was on the mound or rewrite my entire scorecard as the game was going on in the first inning.

Nope. None of this happened.

There was no scrambling to avoid looking silly.

There weren't myriad conversations bouncing all over the interwebs that I couldn't discuss.

None of this existed tonight.

On the other hand, we could talk about a couple of Gades' home runs and a position player pitching who then went on to hit a triple in the bottom of the ninth.

Plus I did my job and honorably as I could given the circumstances.

That was all good, I suppose..

Plus Trumbull won the Babe Ruth New England regional tourney and we were there to broadcast it.

Yet, somehow, nobody asked for a team picture with me in which I was holding the winner's plaque as well as the regional title banner. Oh, right, because I'm a broadcaster.

Anyway, that's all good stuff.

We got through the day and that's a positive.

But the rest? 

Let's just flip the page to tomorrow.

No comments: